- Aerobic Classes – Includes traditional aerobics classes as well as water-based classes and body training sessions.
- Fitness Studio – A 140 station gym offers a mix of the latest cardiovascular, resistance and free weights equipment provided by Technogym which includes interactive screens and TV’s.
- Swimming – There are two pools; a main pool and a teaching pool. The main pool has six lanes, and is 25m x 12.5m. The pool programme has something for everyone – whether you are learning to swim, having fun with family and friends, or training to compete.
- Abbey Spa – The borough’s first luxury spa, ‘The Abbey’, offers a full range of beauty treatments and relaxation experiences.
- The Idol – Transport yourself and your children into an imaginary world where babies and toddlers can play in a snakeskin ball pit and children can climb into the giant body of The Idol, look through its eyes and leap from the white-knuckle drop slide!
- Cafe – The centre includes a café where you can choose from a tasty menu of hot and cold food. You can eat in or grab something on the go.
Swimming – Our spectacular 25 metres by 25 metres swimming pool has a moveable floor to adjust the water level so various activities can take place at any one time. There’s a tiered spectators seating area with 250 seats providing excellent viewing of the entire pool area. There is also a 13 metres by 7 metres teaching pool for swimming lessons and parent and baby sessions.
Aerobic classes – There are two fully air conditioned work out studios complete with a wide variety of exercise equipment which allows us to offer over 75 aerobics classes each week. You and your friends can have fun, reach your health goals, get fit together and stay active in the capable hands of one of our fully qualified instructors.
Fitness Studio – Our fantastic leisure centre boasts the most up to date in fitness equipment with over 100 stations of the latest Technogym wellness system spread out over two fully air conditioned gyms where you can come to train your heart, lungs, and muscles and improve your health, fitness and wellbeing.
The Jolly Jungle – The Jolly Jungle is a great place for your children to have indoor fun whatever the weather. The Jolly Jungle has a soft play area, a ball pit and the highest safe slide for miles around!
Cafe – The café serves both hot and cold food throughout the day as well as a variety of hot and cold drinks.
Sports Hall – The centre has a multi-purpose sports hall containing four badminton courts, full size basketball court, 5-a-side football, mini basketball courts as well many other activities.
The Jim Peters Stadium offers outdoor athletic, cycling, football and multi-sports opportunities for all abilities and ages.
The centre hosts the Ageing Well programme; which is a health and well being programme for Barking and Dagenham residents aged 60 years or over. The programme offers a variety of physical activity and cultural activities. The rooms are also available to hire to community groups and members of the public for meetings, celebrations and talks etc.
We have a variety of programmes we offer to adults and children to help live a more healthy and more active life.